While there is a focus on development and performance, our plan is based on the NYC’s core values of family, friendship and sporting excellence.
All sailors and parents MUST READ AND ADHERE TO the Club’s code of conduct to encourage good behaviour and camaraderie: Code-of-Behaviour
Read carefully the requirements for the various groups before enrolling your child using the form below
Junior Main fleet level
Senior Main Fleet level
– have completed their Level 1/Start Sailing qualification
– are able to sail a triangular course
– has access to their own boat or charter
– are keen to develop racing skills and practice
This group will focus on learning basics of racing (going on a beat, down wind, rounding marks, basics starts
Sailors who :
– have either completed their Level 2/Basic Skills Sailing qualification
– must be confident and capable of participating in races and regional events in main fleet
– must be age 10 or older.
This group will focus on improving racing skills
Sailors who :
– have either completed their Level 3 /Basic Skills Sailing qualification
– have participated in competitions and regional events in main fleet
– must be born in 2009 or before.
This group will focus on racing strategy, improving tactics and performance
We will need 1 or 2 beachmasters for every session as you know our wonderful volunteers make our sport happen. Thanks for all the support to date in previous courses. Shore support is essential to the smooth running of the programme. As soon as the group is gathered, we will ask 2 parents for shore duty every Sunday. Many thanks in advance.
Dates:27th February 6th March 13th March 20th March 27th March 3rd April
Price : €150
[jotform id=”220302491469352″ title=”NYC Optimist Development Programme – Spring 2022″]