The Winter Laser Training programme is aimed at sailors who are new to the Laser fleet as well as those who wish to improve their sailing and racing skills in the Laser 4.7 and Radial fleets, to compete in national events and competitions in 2022.
While there is a focus on development and performance, the plan is based on the NYC’s core values of family, friendship and sporting excellence. All sailors and parents will sign a code of conduct to encourage good behaviour: Code-of-Behaviour
- A panel of experienced coaches for consistency and quality. Coaches are all actively sailing, and competing at National and International level.
- Coach 1. James Delaney: Ranked 4th nationally 2018, 1st Laser Munster Championships 2018, Canada Kingston 2019 Silver Fleet, Laser Europa Cup Italy Gold Fleet 2019, Numerous to p10 finished in radial 2019 competitions
- Coach 2. Conor Gorman: Optimist Junior National Championships Winner, Optimist Europeans and worlds team, Runner up in the 4.7 nationals, 4th in the 4.7 youth nationals, Radial winner of the Dun Laoghaire Frostbite series, ISA Academy.
- Information Session for Parents to support the programme and the sailors – Saturday October 9th – time tbc
- Training on Saturdays in October and November and from February mid-Term 2022.
- 3 hour session with briefing and debrief – 1pm arrival, rigged and ready for 1.30 – 4.30pm.
- Additional Clinic and guest coach events tbc.
Booking details: – the term will cost €180 per sailor, 6 sessions in the term, booking link below