The Club has acquired a fleet of 4 Elliott 6ms and, after a period of setting-up, testing and inviting all members to come and try them, we are delighted and proud to launch this new Match Racing Winter Series!!
We already have 6 teams of U30s / Ensign Members lined up for the Sunday Round Robin series and are opening up the Saturday Round Robin Series for all members to constitute and register teams of 3 people…
BEWARE ONLY PLACES FOR 6 TEAMS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS!!!!
Saturday Round Robin* Series
– the 6 registered ‘general members’ teams will race against the other 5 teams on each of the 6 scheduled Saturdays ( 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th November and 1st & 7th December 2019) – Time 09.00pm to 14.30pm
(*Round Robin = no direct elimination – all results will be cumulative – no discards)
Sunday Round Robin Series (U30s / Ensigns)
– the 6 registered ‘U30s / Ensigns’ teams will race against the other 5 teams on each of the 6 scheduled Sundays (3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November, 2nd & 8th December 2019) – Time 09.00pm to 14.30pm
Note: a match cannot be rescheduled – if a team cannot line up against another team, a loss is recorded – Team Captains can change Crew members on board if one of the ‘core’ crew is not available on any given date. No declaration is necessary.
Grand Final Weekend
Saturday 14th December
– consisting of a Round Robin when the top 3 teams on the Saturday Round Robin Series will compete against the Top 3 teams of the Sunday Round Robin Series eliminating bottom two teams
– followed by knock-out semi finals (ranking teams 1,2,3,4)
Sunday 15th December
– ‘Petite’ final (teams ranked 3 and 4) for last place on the podium, followed by the Overall final (teams ranked 1 and 2)
– The participation in the Saturday or Sunday Round Robins (6 days of fast turn around racing from 10:00 to 14:00 or there about) is priced at €105 per person (=€17.50pp per day)
– In addition, a credit card pre-authorisation of the same amount, valid for 29 days, will be taken per person as a ‘damage deposit’. As the Round Robins span longer than 29 days, we will ask every competitor to re-authorise €105 damage deposit towards the 3rd week in November.
– 50% of the daily registration fee will be refunded for days cancelled due to bad weather
– Active help to crane the boats in / out will be asked from the participants to help the boatmen on duty
– The form below and €105pp pricing is for the Round Robins only! A separate form and associated entry fee will be circulated to the 6 finalists teams
MINIMUM SAILING REQUIREMENTS:
– Match Racing is racing 1 against 1 on a very small Winward / Leward course with boats very close to each other
– A ‘realistic’ amount of racing experience is required from Skippers and Crews alike to manoeuvre 6m fast boats in close quarters!
– Safely and competently hoist, fly, gibe and retrieve a symmetrical spinnaker (Note: usage of the spinnakers will be restricted below average winds of 16knts and / or gusts of maximum 20knts)
– We reserve the right to not accept members whom we judge do not have the necessary sailing / racing experience
This is the inaugural Club Match Racing Series NOT an ISAF Match Racing event or the All Ireland Championships (eg there won’t be any on the water Jury)
The aims are to make sure that:
– everyone involved abides to fair play and respect of the Sailing Rules
– no damage is inflicted to the Club fleet of Elliotts (Remember that 1 boat out of commission may jeopardise the entire series and the enjoyment of all involved!!)
– it’s priced to be attractive (inc. damage deposit) and accessible to all…however, for information, here is the list price of lost or damaged items: E6mDamageCharges NYC The boats are in top conditions; lets treat them with respect and keep them that way!
– everything is kept light hearted and simple
– everybody is having a good time
– bridges are built across various sections of the Club membership (different racing classes in DBSC / age groups / genders)
The Series are for pre-constituted teams of 3 competitors – Please do not randomly select a team in the form below – We recommend that Team Captains register first and then ask their 2 pre-organised Crew to register for the team created / named by the Team Captain
ONLY PLACES FOR 6 TEAMS OF 3 PEOPLE IN THIS INAUGURAL SERIES
BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!!
I wish to enter in the above NYC Match Racing Winter Series and I agree to be bound by the RRS Rules, the Prescriptions of Irish Sailing, the Class Rules (where applicable), the Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions. I accept that my participation in the NYC Match Racing Winter Series is at my sole and exclusive risk in every respect. By this entry I hereby indemnify the Race Committee, the National Yacht Club, its officers, trustees, members, servants, agents and sponsors in respect of all claims and demands of whatever nature which may be made upon them in connection with or howsoever arising from participation or intended participation of the above named boat in the NYC Match Racing Winter Series, and I acknowledge that the Race Committee, the National Yacht Club, its officers, trustees, members, servants, agents and sponsors accept no responsibility in respect of loss of life, personal injury or loss or damage to property which I or any other person may sustain by participation or intended participation of the above named boat in the Regatta or howsoever arising in connection with the event.