Phase 3 & 4 of the Irish Sailing Return to Sailing Scheme can now be found HERE. The revised document takes into account the easing of Covid-19 restrictions announced by Government last week, and which come into effect from Monday 29 June. Essentially, as there is little change in the transition from Phase 3 to Phase 4, so this plan is likely to direct how our sports will be organised for the foreseeable future.
As per our update earlier this week, the main points to note in Phase 3 are:
- Travel restrictions ease further
- All training, competitive and recreational activity to resume in compliance with guidelines
- Multi household crewed boats in ‘pods’ (maintaining regular crew as much as possible)
- National, Regional and Club racing events resume
- Club Catering Facilities Open
- Up to 200 people can gather outside, and indoor gatherings of up to 50 people
- Contact tracing must continue, and social distancing should be maintained on land in accordance with Government guidelines
- Irish Sailing Regional Development Support continues for clubs and centres, and the office will continue to be staffed in a limited capacity to provide all services (ICCs, Commercial Endorsements etc)
In addition to the Return to Sailing Phase 3 & 4, you’ll find the Risk Assessment document which has been updated to reflect the ease in restrictions, and the FAQs document, also updated to reflect questions on Phase 2 & 3 from clubs and centres.