The National Yacht Club is currently seeking to recruit a team of committed sailing instructors and coaches for our summer courses 2024.
Our Instructors are of the highest quality in terms of professionalism, attitude, technical ability and passion for sailing. Instructors will be responsible for the development of the club’s youngest members, a role that is taken extremely seriously by the club.
All instructors must have current and valid instructorship qualifications for the position to which they are applying and be available for interview early in the new year.
We plan to run course over the following weeks:
- Course 1: Tues 4th June – Fri 14th June
- Course 2: Mon 17th June – Fri 28th June
- Course 3: Mon 1st July – Friday 12st July
- Course 4: Mon 15th July – 26th July
- Course 5: Tue 29th July – Fri 9th August
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Assistant Senior Instructor x 1
- Advanced Instructors: x 3
- Dinghy instructors
Dinghy Instructor: Enthusiastic, and highly motivational staff, to teach Taste of Sailing, Start Sailing, Basic skills and Improving skills in sailing dinghies to sailors from the age of 8.
Advanced Instructor: (Kites and Wires, Adventure, Advanced Boat Handling and Racing.)
Excellent level of personal skill and a true passion for the sport. The ideal candidates will be able to facilitate the development of skilled, independent sailors and instruct and assess kites and wires, advanced boat handling, racing clinics and adventure clinics.
- Have obtained the correct IS level of instructorship or higher.
- All certifications must be in date.
- Be Garda vetted.
- Applicants who are not Garda vetted must show proof at time of interview that they have applied via the IS to be vetted.
- All applicants for Advanced Instructor positions must have instructed before.
Instructors wishing to apply for the above positions should complete the form below: Closing dates for applications is January 31st 2024