The National Yacht Club has a membership of approx. 400 members, including more than 200 junior sailors, taking part in the sport throughout the year. The club seeks a Head Coach, part time or full time, to lead high quality learning throughout the club’s general membership, racing yachts, Performance Sailing, all Coaches and Instructors, Junior Section and Cadet members.
Head Coach should have the following broad aims:
- To uphold and enhance the mission of the NYC.
- To raise the sailing standards of members, instructors and junior sailors of the club.
- To enhance the club’s participation at all levels among junior and adult sailors.
- To drive presentation and performance of the club’s sailors at regional and national sailing events.
- To build an excellent coaching and performance culture and environment.
- To grow the pipeline of youth membership and establish a pathway from junior sailors to adult membership.
Head Coach should undertake the following activities:
- To lead all sail training and performance coaching programmes for junior and adult sailors – match, team & club racing, WoW, U25s, and junior training.
- Develop and implement programmes for all members, including individuals, teams and different cohort.
- Oversee the development of the club’s Performance sailors and put in place a schedule of Performance Sailing coaching sessions at the club and external events.
- Select, develop and retain all instructors and coaches and provide support with training execution & review.
- Review and ensure compliance with schedules, pathways, standards, protocols, course, infrastructure and processes for all coaching.
- Increase coaching revenue at the Club.
- Coordinate and communicate with coaches and sailing stakeholders .
- To work with the boathouse to ensure the club infrastructure, boats, rescue etc. required to compete and provide training are maintained to a high standard
- To work with the sailing manager and administrative team to ensure that all administrative tasks required to manage the course programme are executed in a timely manner
Skills and Competencies
Head Coach should have the following capabilities:
- Trained in Coaching, First Aid & Safeguarding through the Irish Sailing.
- Highly experienced with 10+ years and expert in sailing and racing as subject matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentoring
- Effective communication and leadership skills required to manage all stakeholders.
- Proven track-record of working as part of a team in a similar position is desirable
- Full, clean drivers licence (with trailer).
This role is accountable to the club’s Junior Organiser and General Committee.
Applications for this role should be sent to email@example.com by 20th June 2022.