Applications are invited from experienced and energetic candidates to take over the position of Club Manager at the National Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire.
The National Yacht Club is one of the foremost yacht clubs in Ireland with a strong cruising and racing tradition. The Club also prides itself in its family ethos together with a strong emphasis on Junior Sailing. The Club also has very active bar and fine dining facilities for its members and guests.
The Club Manager will be responsible for managing all operational areas within the Club.
The successful candidate will have a strong hands-on approach to managing a tight knit, highly motivated team of professionals. The Club Manager will be a leader with excellent communication and project management skills. Multi tasking and the ability to work under pressure will be a prerequisite.
The main responsibilities of The Club Manager will be :
– To consistently demonstrate a strong and welcoming front of house presence in acting as the main liaison contact between the Club, its members and guests.
– To effectively manage all of the departmental heads in maximising operational efficiencies while continually delivering value to the members.
– To plan, develop and execute agreed strategies to improve Club service offerings to members and guests.
– To maintain high quality service standards throughout the Club’s premises, ensuring Club facilities are fully operational, well maintained and In excellent working condition at all times.
– To work closely with Club Committees to retain existing members while developing
strategies to attract new members.
– To prepare and control with the management team, staff rosters, budgets and financial reports using the Club’s Membership and Financial software packages.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years senior management experience in a similar type Club or Enterprise. A degree in Business Management, Financial Accounting, Hospitality, Human Resource, or a related qualification in Club Management would be advantageous. The position requires flexible working hours in keeping with the operational hours of the Club and the varying types of function activity that the Club provides. A working knowledge of basic IT packages will be a necessary requirement.
The position will become permanent subject to the completion of a successful probationary period. An attractive remuneration package including a performance related bonus will be available to the successful candidate.
All detailed CV’s, should be emailed in the strictest confidence to the Commodore, National Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire at firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th July 2020.