Summer Courses 2020
Welcome to our online booking form for summer courses in 2020. We have a great team of instructors and lots of interesting courses. These courses are available to the children of Full and Family Members within the club.
As last year, the couurse ‘NYC TEEN TEAM’ is for teenagers who have completed most or all of their levels. It will be carried out on club boats and will include team racing, match racing and day sailing. We will also continue with our JUNIOR ADVENTURE, to develop your child’s seamanship skills, it will involve planning day sails in the Bay and is suited to those under 14.
Please select the course date and level in which you would like to participate from the calendar below. Complete the application form questions IN ORDER (if not, the Total fee to pay calculations may not update properly).
The online booking form will also allow you to charter a Club boat (pending availability) and / or pay for the platform parking (course duration only) if you haven’t already done so for the full season separately (https://nyc.cloudframz.com/summer-platform-parking-form/)
Lunch will only be provided on Fridays and is included in the fee.
We presuppose that you will give photographic and video consent for your child’s image to be taken and used for Club purposes. However, The National Yacht Club recognises the need to ensure the welfare and safety of all young people taking part in any activity associated with our organisation and you may wish to complete this ‘Refusal Form’ and upload it when prompted: refusal of consent for the use of photographs or video 2020
Once you enter your first child in a course you will be sent a confirmation email with a code to allow you to obtain a discount for further children. To maximise discount, please register your first child on the cheapest course first THEN register potential siblings.
Payment: you will need a PAYPAL account to pay for courses. This is free and if not already signed up please click here https://www.paypal.com/
Course fees can be paid in full or over 2 monthly payments.
Points to note:
– Taste of sailing – introduction to sailing
– Start sailing – old level 1
– Basic skills- old level 2
– Improving skills – old level 3
– You can only do Kites & Wires, Racing, Advanced boat handling or Adventure once you have completed level 3/improving skills.
– For ‘kites and wires’, ‘adventure’ NYC Teen team and ‘teenage beginner course’ no boat is required, the club will provide the boats.
– Children should be 8 years of age before commencing the IS full day courses. For further details see terms and conditions below.
• The courses are available to children of family and full members only.
• Overseas members may do course 1, 2 or 5.
• Children of grandparents and other members may try out one course from C1, 2 or 5 only, once per family, subject to spaces being available. There will be an additional charge for these courses.
Please read the Terms and conditions here (Summer 2020 Junior Training Course Terms & conditions) and ensure the sailors have also read it.
Thanks Fiona Staunton / Cristina Ledoux NYC Summer Junior Courses Co-ordinator
Can’t see course table / picker below?